1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2001 Wont start

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Russell Walker, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Russell Walker

Russell Walker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi My aircon compressor locked up and stalled the motor I removed the belt and now motor wont start codes are POC48 CO300 and C2bd5 cant find info on any but think CO300 is engine wont start when I reconnect the battery 12v It doesn't come up with any code just flashes the Ready indicator. When I move the gear to D it will then show the triage. Is this just an engine fault not starting It doesn't sound like its trying to turn the engine over even.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Have you tried searching for P0C48 and C0300 (the second character in a DTC can only be a digit 0, 1, 2, or 3, it is never a letter O)? Sometimes you get more/better search results without the misspelling.

I have to say, though, looking through my 2001 (US) repair manual, I am zero for three trying to find any of those codes. What are you using to read them?

3. Stock808

Stock808 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Disconnect 12V battery for a few hours/overnight and try?

4. Russell Walker

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks I am using a blue tooth reader and Garage Pro app which I will be deleting soon too many adds. I have tech stream on my laptop but cant find my USB lead. I just disconnected 12v battery and will see what happens in the morning.

5. Russell Walker

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi did disconnect battery overnight and It tried to start I think but then back to flashing READY and not trying to start It would be good to get a Wifi reader to work on the tech stream I have but it doesn't give me the option to select anything except USB any ides please.

6. Josey

Josey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    One
    What does your 12V battery read? And what does it dive to when the key is turned to start it?