1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2002 Gen1 Rebuilt Traction Battery - Refuses to Reverse/Backup

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Dave Larose, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Dave Larose

Dave Larose New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just joined tonight, and poked around, and didn't see my issue. I apologize if I missed any relevant threads (FB search ability is fairly lame). I just rebuilt the traction battery in my mother-in-law's 2002 Prius. Replaced 11 modules that were suspect, and then voltage balanced them all. Tested the entire battery at 281.5 volts. Car drives forward fine, but will not reverse at all, and I am pretty-sure that driving forward is strictly on the ICE. Am I likely missing something simple? The battery meter seems to be showing it charging, then stopping when full etc... Fun!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Do you have any codes at all through the OBD port tech stream or something and that's awfully weird so when you go forward and you're driving and out and about the car is absolutely fine no lights no nothing just no reverse that seems like some kind of sensor or something.

3. Dave Larose

Dave Larose New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

P3009 which went away. I can now back the car up. I redid all the easily accessible connections, and disconnected the 12v overnight. Not sure what solved the problem, which I never enjoy, as the problem might still be lurking about.

Also P3030 which I have cleared a zillion times, but it keeps popping back on.

Thanks. Dave