1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2002 prius triangle....of death ?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by JamesGilmore, Dec 11, 2018.

1. JamesGilmore

JamesGilmore Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Ok i have a 2002 prius and it has been running well as fa as I can tell. recently I had in highlight the red triangle of death and the multi display lit up. But I can hit in and continue to drive and use cruise control and everything. So I have not yet gone to autozone or anyplace to have the codes read. I am wondering if anyone else has seen thing where it will light the triabgle but not force cruise control to not work. Since I had the main battery rebuilt in april I dont think this is a battery problem and wondering if there is a reason it isnt constant. ?
    aslo I am considering buying a scan gauge ll but was hoping somebody would anser my question that the scan guage ll can read and tell me the codes ?

2. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Check the coolant reservoir next to inverter. The coolant should be swirling, if it isn't, it's likely you need a new coolant pump.

3. JamesGilmore

JamesGilmore Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    i had recently within the last few months changed the non-working pump.... odd thinkg is I went to autozone and they either screwed up and accidently cleard the codes or the problem is very non-conistant. That was about 2 weeks ago. While there I bought a scan gauge and set it up yesterday. So far the codes are clear... just guess I wait till it happens again... shrug.