1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2003 Gen 1 Prius with newer traction battery

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by 2004SuprGlide, Jul 24, 2018.

1. 2004SuprGlide

2004SuprGlide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Car has 225k miles CEL is flashing for misfires, we are moving on from it. I replaced the main battery at ~180k miles ($3k) the battery is not the reason we are moving on from the car. The car has good sheet metal, tires, wheels, wiring harness etc. The engine repairs are the issue I am having with it and we don't need the car anymore. I am in LA County near the Fairplex. I would like to have someone buy the car and salvage what is usable if not it will be going to pick a part. If something like this interest you PM me and we can discuss, I'm a reasonable guy please be reasonable as well.

Brian in Tucson and bisco like this.
  2. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My inclination is to bring home any strays that cross my path. But no time for new projects & I think yours would be an easy enough fix. Have you pm'd Dierdra Rogers to see if she'd buy your car as a parts donor car? What are you thinking for a price?

3. 2004SuprGlide

2004SuprGlide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to get somewhere near$1000 as it has two new tires, spark plugs, and allot of life left in the hybrid battery.

4. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Someone on the west coast should make this guy an offer. Misfire codes shouldn't be that tough to resolve.

Have you tried replacing the coil caps? Wish I had somemore storage space. This would make a great parts car.