1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2003 Prius Hybrid ECU

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by wafflefries1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Roccobro

Roccobro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Bubbling in the coolant tank means the pump is working.

My P3000 code last week led me to a bad cell in the HV pack. Online it said it could be the charge controller ECU too but everything is looking fantastic with the cell fixed.

mroberds likes this.
  2. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think he's in Alabama. If he was in AZ I have one I'd give him. Sitting in my carport. As I remember, it was fairly involved to get it off the car. I won't sell it, can't reasonably guarantee it. but for the cost of shipping I could put it on the Greyhound.

3. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Well, it might take me a while (weeks) to figure out whether I need it, and again, not even sure it works. That car had water up to the glove box. I'm struggling right now with these other cars - I'm too old to take the heat/humidity here for very long - and am stuck on a HV battery right now.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You don't say. Have you had T-SB-0229-12 recommended to you already?

It's for guiding the triage, inspection, and repair of flooded vehicles. Sounds like this one would get triaged into "level 4" at least; could end up being a problem child.

It's based on salt water; fresh could be (marginally) less trouble.

mroberds likes this.
  5. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Oh, wow. Thank you, sir. I didn't know such a document existed. Definitely going to use it on Car #3, the one that only flooded to the floorboards (according to the insurance appraiser's marks). Car #5 (to the glove box) I don't know about - looking down the throttle body it's pretty gunky, makes me think water got in the engine. But, that's all I've done to it other than jump the battery and nothing happened. However, it was the nicest looking car of the bunch, kinda a dove grey color. Probably not salt water either. I talked to the original owner's daughter and got the idea he lived at least 20 miles inland from the hurricane. Crazy thing, bought it at an auction, but it didn't have a salvage title. That usually means the owner didn't have C&C insurance. He took a hit on it.

The plan was to use one of the two for body parts on Car #4. But, #3 is white, just like my wrecked one, so I could save some paint money using it and fixing #5 instead, if it's fixable. Hard when the cars are worth so little.

When do you think these will become collector cars, LOL, and get the value back up? I can't be the only one piling them up in the garage. Shame so many people are tossing them when all they need is a battery.

mroberds likes this.
  6. wafflefries1

wafflefries1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If that offer is on the table, I'm certainly interested. Even if it didn't work, I'd get experience installing for the next one that did. Seems like a bit of a hassle for you though.

What's the shipping look like?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Alabama. Didn't even notice that lol

#26 wafflefries1, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  7. wafflefries1

wafflefries1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this offer still on the table?

I'm having a lot of issues finding the model G9200-47071. I'm not sure why but there are a ton on ebay right now, and only the G9200-47070 part. I'm running out of time, so I may have to just install the latter and see what happens. Would a Toyota tech know the issues associated with installing an older inverter, or is it just going to be me hopefully winning the installation lottery?