1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2003 Prius looking for good home--ideas?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by P Fan, Jul 18, 2013.

1. P Fan

P Fan New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any tips on where or how to sell my 2003 Prius? I'm sad to part with it, but it's time. We are moving to Another country for work, plus have an addition to the family, so are getting a bigger car with higher clearance. My parents have a 2002, same blue pearl color, so they don't need another! Mine has 138K miles and is in good shape. I'm in DC area. I know I can do a trade in but probably not for much, and I'd rather get it to someone who wants a classic Prius. Former owner had the hybrid battery replaced when under warranty and the only real issue I had with it in the five years I've owned it was replacing the steering rack and pinion, before the recall came out. Is Craigslist a good idea? Autotrader? Carmax? Thanks!

2. slimfrancis

slimfrancis Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    craigslist for sure. i think it's the quickest and easiest way to sell. go to kbb.com find your cars value and price it to sell. in 2-3 weeks it will most likely be sold. good luck!

yotatoter likes this.
  3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can post it in the For Sale forum here on PriusChat.
    But also do Craigslist using Kelly Blue Book as a guide.

4. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Craigslist is actually where I got my 2002 prius. My Aunt and Uncle have sold 3 vehicles on craigslist.