1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2003 Prius needs actuator, tires; repair or replace?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by gopriusgo!, Aug 16, 2018.

1. gopriusgo!

gopriusgo! New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hi all---deciding if i should repair or replace my sweet 2003 prius! needs about 3K in work and is worth about 3-4K. Has 185K miles. Do you think if i fix it, it will last much longer? Thanks!

2. MDNHW11

MDNHW11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    lol- I have one with a good actuator and good tires. Too bad you aren't closer.

3. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you do your own work? If you can't, get rid of it. BTW, needing work & tires, it's not worth anything like $3k.

If you can do your own work, you can probably find a used actuator in a pick n pull for about $25 and put it in yourself. Cheap. And unless you're planning a major trip, cheap tires from Walmart or Discount tire will do. Since you're new on this forum, read the sticky about who should and who shouldn't own Gen 1 Prius's.

4. Itsmeonprius

Itsmeonprius Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Mine has 185k and threw a conrod. Got another engine for £320 with 70k and just finished installing it. Everything is running great so far.......

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.