1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2003 Spare Tire Cover

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Irrenarzt, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Irrenarzt

Irrenarzt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm looking for a spare tire cover for an 03 Prius. The one I have has the foam paddings all ripped off and it sags hard if you place anything in the trunk. I checked online and wow they are expensive. Any way I can find a used one that is in good shape from a wrecked car?

2. sbiddle

sbiddle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That should be an easy junkyard find.

3. Irrenarzt

Irrenarzt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I called a number of places today without luck. Dealer wants 131 plus tax for this part which is ridiculous. I really only need the foam pieces but these cannot be purchased separately it seems.

4. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You have several options. If you go to Michael's (or some other hobby store), you should be able to find a suitable foam to repair the one you have. Or look on ebay for doors or any other exterior parts, find a picture of a wrecked Gen I, call that junkyard and ask them if they have the part. I really don't know if you'll save that much money though but, you never know until you try.

5. freidawg

freidawg Prius Recycler

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have several of these and can send you one, How's $40 including shipping sound?

Eric
    Adopt A Part
    800-508-2211

1 person likes this.