1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 DTC P0AAC

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by bpashadetree, Oct 11, 2016.

1. bpashadetree

bpashadetree New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Initially got high temp alarm code for battery. Replaced whole battery with remanufactured battery. Now getting P0AAC code with the words "Hybrid battery voltage isolation sensor circuit high". Triangle and engine light lit on dash. Car will go into neutral but not drive or reverse. Gas engine does not start. Pulled traction battery isolator out and disconnected 12 volt battery. Waited 10 plus minutes and reinstalled orange isolator plug then connected 12 volt battery with same result. Tried several times over several days. Even swapped out battery computer with original computer from original battery rack.

Battery suppplier has been very responsive and is trying to help over the phone.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! are you using a prius specific reader?

3. bpashadetree

bpashadetree New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Unfortunately no. I only have a generic (Craftsman) reader. I am presently charging the 12 volt battery, it was low and tomorrow in daylight I will look to see if the inverter coolant pump is working. I suspect that may originally have cause the master hybrid malfunction light on the display to show up.