1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 Prius, 176k. Error Codes: P3000; P0A80; C1259; C1310

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Zhuying, Jul 23, 2013.

1. AYMA auto care

AYMA auto care New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The car is Toyota Prius C (Aqua), mileage is ~50k miles and manufactured in 2012. Car was driving perfectly 3 weeks ago. Started the car after 3 weeks today and car didn't start. I got all four DTC p3000, p0a80, c1259, c1310 and the car is not starting. When checked the HV block voltages, the block 1 is showing ~4.6 voltage where as other nine blocks are showing more than 15.4 voltage and the auxiliary battery voltage is showing ~11.6 voltage.

Will replacing block 1 cells and recharging auxiliary battery resolve this issue and will the car get started? Is there anything I should look into.

Thanks in advance.

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    First, you might have more replies from people who know the Prius C if you post your request in that forum, instead of here in the Prius Gen2 forum.

Since you have such a large voltage difference, you might have a problem with the voltage sense harness or its connection to the battery ecu (orange plug). If a module does go bad you usually see its voltage about 1.2V less than others.

If a module has failed, it is very very unlikely that replacing just the one will work. There are many threads in the forums about repairing the HV battery pack, and most semi-successful attempts involve replacing all the modules with a (low miles) used set, or some sort of discharging and charging of ALL the modules- multiple times.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. AYMA auto care

AYMA auto care New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you very much. I posted my question on Prius C forum.