1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 Prius Navigation without Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mikemcmo, Feb 20, 2013.

1. mikemcmo

mikemcmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife slid on some black ice at a walking pace and rear-ended a Jeep. Jeep drove away with cosmetic damage to the tire hanging on the back, and the Prius got the hood crumpled, and the headlight and radiator and radiator hanger were damaged, and AllState is totalling it, estimating there is $8004 of repairs to make. They're valuing the car at $10,149, and I can't find a replacement for my car that is within $1,500 of that price. Partly this is because the CCC One market valuation report doesn't have a way to input some of the things in the $5,245 #9 option package offered for the 2004 model Prius. Bluetooth and the Smart card system do not show up as adding value to this car. Navigation is worth $750 to the valuation report. ( Here is a list of the options available:
    2004 Toyota Prius Packages & Options at Automobile Magazine
    )
    So, here is my question: In this car, are the Bluetooth and the navigation options two different options? Or, when you get the navigation, do you automatically have Bluetooth? The word "Bluetooth" doesn't appear anywhere in the above Automobile mag listing. I saw a car advertised online where the picture of the steering wheel showed the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel that show a phone handset to activate the phone, but the salesman told me those phone icons are for operating the voice-activated Navigation, and that the car didn't actually have Bluetooth. My wife thinks maybe navigation = Bluetooth, and that that salesman was wrong, and this is why is is not part of the total loss valuation. Does anybody know how to nail this down? This will help me fight AllState for a fair payment for my car. Thanks!

2. mikemcmo

mikemcmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Boy, do I feel like a loser. Nobody responded to my post.