1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 prius plug in for charging existing aux battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by josh5968, Aug 10, 2016.

1. josh5968

josh5968 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Im buying my first prius today and I would like to be able to charge the battery with 120 vac so I could camp out of it and run the ac not heat at night with minimal modifications and no damage to the vehicle. How or can I do this mod? If you know how would you please send me an email to with no spaces ( josh freeman 2012 (circle with A) yahoo period com ) please help a new first time hybrid owner. on a second note what are some mods that wont break the bank that are worth my time and money? I planned to put in the ev mod. Thank you very much for your time reading this and your response if you choose to help me.

josh freeman

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    unless you are an electrical engineer, or genius inventor type, the plug in mod isn't cheap or easy. but there are many threads covering all sorts of inexpensive and easy mods. just look for whatever it is that you like a car to have. good luck

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! can you give us a better understanding of what you are trying to accomplish? there's no way to charge the battery with 120v, but you can run the a/c all night by leaving the car in 'ready'. also, i'm assuming you want to charge the hybrid battery, not the 12v aux battery?