1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tags:
  1. Amanda Camenzind

Amanda Camenzind New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey guys I've been looking through here for a specific problem and while a lot of them sound close to mine it isn't exactly it. So here we go!
    Whenever I make a left turn (only a left turn) my triangle of death and VSC brake light (!) Comes on. And when the VSC light is on it won't let me set my cruise control. And when I turn the car off and then turn it back on the VSC light turns off but most times the triangle of death is still on, will then let me turn on my cruise control, and will stay on for a couple days. Eventually it will turn back off, then a couple days later after making multiple left turns both the triangle and VSC light comes back on. I have taken it down to my Toyota dealership and they have run the rest with the warning lights on and NO CODES COME BACK. You can understand my frustration with this. There is no specific speed I will be going when it turns on or how sharp the turn is, it is completely random from what I can tell. Help me before I go crazy!

2. roamerr

roamerr Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is you steering wheel lined up straight when going straight down the road? I know that if the alignment is way off it will trigger skid sensor. B

iPhone ?

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have you checked if you have enough engine oil in your car? If the triangle came on, and VSC light came on, there should be some codes.....if not present, still in history

4. Dion Kraft

Dion Kraft Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Are you telling me that when your dealer drove it they went a route or simulated the drive in which you yourself had said you get the VSC and RT indicator came on?

valde3 likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her? have you owned since new? any accidents or major repairs? how is the 12 volt health?

6. Amanda Camenzind

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    We have checked the oil multiple times and it is never low.
    No they have driven the car themself. But I have brought it in when the warning lights are on.

7. Amanda Camenzind

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    190,000 miles. No we bought it at 170,000 miles. And we replaced the invertor water pump in July. And no major accidents.

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    everything is a guess without codes. maybe try another dealer. check the 12 volt. what was the last major work it had? any wheel bearings, brakes, tyres and etc.?