1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2004 Silver Prius CVT Model No Bluetooth/Aux Access???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ExoticDoll, Oct 2, 2014.

1. ExoticDoll

ExoticDoll New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just bought this off craigslist and got a good deal and now I see why... There's no aux for my phone and no bluetooth for my phone... There's a cd player option so I was wondering if i can buy a cd aux cord to go into the cd player in my prius and connect it to the earphone jack in my iPhone? I can charge my phone in the car... Maybe there's a jack for that that can plug into my phone or if there's just a cd player one? I can't afford $10,000 just to get bluetooth or aux cord installed... 00M0M_b4WXqyFZGU1_600x450.jpg 00P0P_iVVTmse4ZdS_600x450.jpg 00T0T_1EnU1DkNoos_600x450.jpg

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    go to crutchfield and buy a 2din head unit with the usb, aux and BT. they can hook you up with all the cables and stuff you need to replace the crap oe head unit. very easy to replace the head unit, but to do it right you will need to do some soldering.

3. ExoticDoll

ExoticDoll New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    crutchfield? soldering? how much is all of this? :/

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    crutchfield.com is an electronics seller which can hook you up with everything you need to have a good sound system in your car. if you're not an audiophile, you probably don't need a $1200+ system. I bet they can hook you up for $350. now as far as soldering goes (I just noticed your screen name and I guess you really don't want to get into that) you will need to find a handy friend or else pay a stereo shop for the install. a good friend wouldn't charge you for the install; I have no idea what best buy or a stereo shop would charge. maybe one of the nice folks here on PC can help. if you were local I'd definitely give you a good deal on the install.

another option would be an FM modulator which you plug your phone or mp3 player into and it converts it to FM radio signal. you pick an open frequency and tune your radio to that frequency. but I don't think they have one for BT, only for music.

5. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You can check whether or not a car has aux in or bluetooth before you buy it, just for future reference.

Like 69shovlhed said, replacing the headunit is the easiest way to add aux in and/or bluetooth. If you or a friend has any experience with car audio, the Prius is a piece of cake to work with after watching videos on youtube showing how to take the dash apart. Headunit and parts would be about $300-400. Installation could be free if you or a friend does it, probably under $100 at a shop.

6. danic996

danic996 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    you can search on ebay for any aux adapters for your car