1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 179km Wont go to Ready Mode

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Joxuel, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Joxuel

Joxuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    none, i gave up, my mechnic said that the Voltage of the 12v baterry drained, So i need to get a new one, here is about 210$, This is my las 200$ i have, until further paycheck, i really dont know if to buy it, or pay my bills. juat scared that u doenst start.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless the battery is known to be 'bad', you can recharge it with a small power supply or trickle charger.

What is the voltage of the 12v battery that is in the vehicle currently?

Is there an auto parts store that can test or recharge the battery for free?

Raytheeagle and Joxuel like this.
  3. Joxuel

Joxuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i did take it to the autopart, and the said that the voltage is 10.5v , they told the vest posible action is to. uy a new one. Imma let it on the tricke charger to see until tomorrow l. Tha k you for the follow up

4. Joxuel

Joxuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    updated, bought a new baterry, wasted 200$ the car wouldnt start. Im basically done, theres nothing more that we can do, we check the 12 volt, we check the Hybrid, We clean the rust on the Bars, we clean everything, the car wouldnt start, still heraing the same Clank Noise

5. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where is this Clank noise coming from, and how many times does it make that Clank sound?

Which OBD2 app are you using to retrieve the codes (DTCs) with?

Are there any warning lights on the dash, or DTCs in the ECUs when you scan it?

Raytheeagle likes this.
  6. Joxuel

Joxuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    the clank Noises is about 4 times them switch to no sound at all, The Obd2 Only retrieve the code for Temperature Circuit on HV, a Cable that got disconected from the circuit. try put it in back again but its definitely broke. Code is P0ACC. There are no more codes on the Obd

The las person that have the prius Attach a Honda Battery to it, and they changed the Terminals on it, so when i try putting the new battery, the terminal where to big, so now i have to buy some original terminal to see if it work.

i put the prius to sell, this is my first one and i really love it, its so stuped the problem that this car have that it making me hate it.

7. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Which part of the vehicle is the Clank sound coming from?

Tell us more about the OBD2 scanner app that you are using, what is it called?

You may need a mini-vci cable and techstream, as not all OBD2 scanners/adapters/apps are hybrid compatible.

8. Joxuel

Joxuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    its coming from the HV Relays i think, is from the area that the noise is more noticeable.

im using Dr.Prius and Torque Pro, on my Phone.

9. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Almost sounds like a wiring/corrosion issue, and you've already experienced that before with the HV battery ecu.

You still don't have any warning lights displayed on the dash, and the only DTC is for one of the HV battery sensors?

10. Joxuel

Joxuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well on the Obd2 appear only the Hv temperature sensor code. On dash appear the Red Triangle, Abs, and Check engine, but the only code that allears will be the HV code nothing else.

I did left the car on the mechanic to work on break, but that day it work great the car until i reached home, i was thinking, any chanche that the Brake Sensor have been damaged and i cant start the car or if its another thing

11. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With all of those warning lights on the dash, you have other OBD2 codes (DTCs) that aren't being reported by either of those apps.

Actually thought Dr Prius would catch every potential DTC, but I've never used that app before. Did you load the Prius Gen2 extended PID set into Torque already, it may not recognize many DTCs without that. You need to read the codes (DTCs) stored in the ECUs, are there other hybrid compatible OBD2 scanners that might be available to you?

At this point you or any mechanic you choose to support should have or be willing to procure a mini-vci cable ($20 usd) and a copy of techstream (same software toyota uses). You will also need a laptop, or tablet with windows and a USB port.

Raytheeagle likes this.