1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Airbag light stays on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by seabright_sc, Jul 20, 2015.

1. seabright_sc

seabright_sc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2005 airbag light stays on after I....

I folded the rear seats down (seatbelts were fully pulled out) to accommodate luggage and went through the two tow loops/hooks (corners, under front bumper) with straps to strap down paddle boards, when I went to drive car, Airbag light stayed on for the duration of a 500 mile trip.

I know there are sensors on the front bumper, but I did not jostle or bump anything while using tow hooks. Rear seats were placed back to full upright position, locked in place with seatbelts fully retracted as should be, straps removed from front tow hooks.

Airbag light still stays on :/. Any tips on how to reset or what to check for?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Has this car ever been in an accident?

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Look at the yellow SRS cabling under the two front seats to see if something came loose.

4. seabright_sc

seabright_sc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Dealer pulled up SRS code B1826. Did not get an exact quote but service rep stated that it would be a bundle of $$$ (wiring harness) and printed up the service bulletin. I pushed the connectors under the seat together and slightly jiggled them. Nothing appeared lose, but light is now off! Thanks for the tip!

5. kammssss

kammssss Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You probably have a faulty clockspring. It requires removal of the steering wheel. I had this problem twice, and I did all that wiggling/jiggling. It will get to a point where it just needs replacement. Got 322k on my car, which is beyond the expectancy of the clockspring. Last, buy OEM.

6. kevin3

kevin3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My '05 with 294K has the symptoms: Red Airbag light on (originally on/off for many months now ON), right side steering wheel buttons don't work, cruise control doesn't work.

Can someone share a link to the clockspring replacement instructions? I bought the part #84306-48030.

Also do I need to buy a new "steering angle sensor" too?

Thanks!