1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Avatar Of The Year Contest

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Nov 30, 2005.

1. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What a racous zoo that would be! Penguins, polar bears and all those cats! I hadn't thought they'd all sound off at once. I was thinking the sound might activate when the cursor was over the avatar. If the animation could be done this way, maybe the sound could too?

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    What sounds would all those Prius avatars make?

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I look at your avatar, Jack, and your face is a cipher. I imagine a soft susurrus.

If you look at my avatar, can you hear the gears whirling?

4. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

What you suggest can already be done. However I doubt many (any) forums allow swf files to be uploaded for avatars. Let's just say I've never seen it.

5. BrianTheDog

BrianTheDog New Member

Only the sound of tires moving over pavement.

Oh, wait. This is winter-time. The sound of wasting gas!

6. BrianTheDog

BrianTheDog New Member

Not to mention whatever bizarre sound Kiloran's weird jumpy creature things would make. Probably scare the hell out of everybody.....

Which brings to mind an idea one of my coworkers suggested: adding a horizontally-moving red light to the front grill of my car, i.e. the Cylon look. Then I could change my avatar to a shot of it, with that ominous sound...

Whirr whirr... whirr whirr... whirr whirr...

Attached Files:

7. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

This quite slipped by me at the time. But yes, you have. A My-T-Fine one, too.

Wonder if there's an old black-and-white of Jay Silverheels kicking around the net?

8. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Well, I've re-read all the posts. Those members whose avatars have actually been nominated are the following:

maggieddd
    Bill Merchant
    Boxster...
    Kiloran
    aka007ii
    hdrygas
    DANNY
    XLR8
    madler
    flujo
    tag

As I ponder the avatars, I see no logical "categories". Therefore, unless there's a last-minute spate of nominees, what I propose to do is:

1. put up all 11 nominees in one contest;

2. if no nominee gets an absolute majority (51%) of the total number of votes cast by a specified deadline, hold a second-round run-off between the top two vote getters. If there's a tie for either the first and/or second-largest number of votes, those entries would be included, too---so there could be a few more than the Top Two in a second round. In this case, could be a third round, too. <_<

Tentatively, I'll put up the contest late Wed. night the 14th. Members would have until midnight EST Mon. the 19th to vote. If there's a run-off, it'll be put up late Tues. night the 20th, with voting ending by midnight EST the 23rd.

Speak now or forever hold your nose.

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

susurrus A soft whispering or rustling sound (Webster's II)

Thanks, Bill. Haven't had to look up a word I'd actually never heard before in ages.

And no, it's more of a sloshing sound I hear with yours. B)

10. BrianTheDog

BrianTheDog New Member

Smells good to me.

But then, I've already nominated my favorite. Now I'm just posting alot of off-topic junk.

I say go for Wed night and follow your own rules. This is your contest, after all.

Will you be posting the images as well? I'm guessing you'll start a new thread, since this one seems to have a mind of its own......

11. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ROTFL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

But it's been entertaining and Jack 06 - this new avatar of your is much better than the old one's you've had! A plea for a new thread with pics!

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, ok, since no one else will do it, I guess I will nominate my own avatar. Such is vanity. It will serve me right if I get as many votes as Cher in the Priusex poll. ;)

14. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

1. [attachmentid=1403] 2. [attachmentid=1402] 3. [attachmentid=1401]4. [attachmentid=1400] 5. [attachmentid=1399] 6. [attachmentid=1398] 7. [attachmentid=1394] 8. [attachmentid=1395] 9. [attachmentid=1396] 10. [attachmentid=1397] 11. [attachmentid=1405] 12. [attachmentid=1404] 13.[attachmentid=1406]

This is a test. DO NOT attempt to vote on this thread. A separate poll/thread will be put up by Thursday for voting.

Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jack

Attached Files: