1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 - Clock Spring Replacement Advice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Metrolens, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Metrolens

Metrolens Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all, on my 2005 Gen 2, around 160k miles, my criuse control suddenly won't activate. The Info and Map buttons on the steering wheel haven't been working for a few years, which was fine with me, but the cruise control is something I use all the time. So I'm guessing the clockspring has deteriorated and needs to be replaced.

My questions:
    1. I would want to get a new OEM clockspring, can someone suggest the best place online to find one?
    2. Isn't removing the airbag pretty dangerous? I have watched a YouTube video and know to disconnect the battery first, but is there anything else to know about this part of the procedure?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    1. parts.toyota.com will generally show you the list price, and also links to several dealers (near you, if it has guessed your location right) offering discounted pricing.

2. The main things are knowing about disconnecting the 12 volt power and for how long, and the principle of the self-shorting connectors, and how to set an airbag down, all things you can find in the repair manual, or probably elsewhere with a little more work.

3. MickyMatter

MickyMatter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did I heard repair manual?!

Code:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17LZFTHg-OdnS1QjJnR4Qc7W3jsmAB4xS/view?usp=drivesdk
    Airbag chapter starts on page 2767.
    Cruise Control chapter (troubleshooting included) starts on page 3273.

SM-G950F ?

burrito likes this.