1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 gen 2 Prius help please !!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jedi22, May 29, 2018.

1. Jedi22

Jedi22 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks for any help.
    I purchase a 2005 Prius with 185k miles that had a bad engine as described to me. With a motor from lkq that was certified 49k miles on it. I am curious if there is a way to diagnose if the gas engine is the only problem with it. I purchase the vehicle with the motor for 1k and didn’t think swapping it out would be too tedious but based upon what I’ve been reading it is not as easy of a job as I was expecting. A) I would like to know if it’s a decent buy, B) if there is a way to tell if any other major issues are wrong with it. I moved the car on and off the trailer car was very sluggish and knocking from failed engine. Also a bad odor came once the vehicle had been moved . Thanks for any advice and insight. New to the Prius but am hoping I can sort this out and make a profit toward getting a newer Prius for my pregnant girl friend. Thanks again.

2. LikeAPrius

LikeAPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    well this sucks you never got an answer

jerrymildred likes this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It sure does! And it's really strange that no one responded. I didn't see it till your reply showed up this morning.

I'm sure that @Jedi22 has moved on now. What a shame. Hope he was able to make the swap and get it running.