1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 keyless FOB micro door lock switch bad

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nerkybird, Jul 11, 2015.

1. nerkybird

nerkybird New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have 2005 with 215,000 miles. I have one keyless and the top micro switch that locks the doors does not work - no red light comes on, all other functions work fine. I got a new keyless FOB and I was able to program it to start the car. But my instructions the "Chicken Dance" require me to hold both the lock and unlock down at once on my old FOB. Since the top button the lock button does not work I can not accomplish this. I want to program the door functions in my new keyless unit. Is there another way to do this that does not involve the use of the old unit...that I can try?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You don't have to hold down both button on the "old" fob, just when programming the "new" fob. You click the lock button once and wait for the door locks to cycle.......if your lock button doesn't work, you could try the unlock button to see if the door locks cycle after you press it.

Are you sure it's not a battery issue with your old fob? The fob battery might be dead.

nerkybird likes this.
  3. nerkybird

nerkybird New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    JC91006 - thank you for that. I reread the Dance and I had read into it an extra step. Thank you for pointing that out. I will try that after the storm quits (Florida summer weather). The other thing I was looking for a fix for was the lock micro switch on the old FOB. I tried a new battery and compressed air and cut away the worn out surface and have exposed the switch...which does move in and out as it should.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    are any of the other buttons sticking? including the alarm button

5. nerkybird

nerkybird New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    NO no other buttons stick and I am not sure I would say the lock button sticks...it does move normal.

New day, I tried again to get the new FOB to work the doors. Still unsuccessful. It will start the car and I get to the part in the chicken dance where the car says it is in add mode by working the door locks. I do the 1 1/2 second simultaneous hold down and the lock button press on the new FOB within 3 seconds and ... well nothing new...no change...new FOB still will not open/close doors...I put a new battery in, even.
    I have tried it with the SKS button on and off...the SKS function never worked since I owned the car. The old FOB did open and close the doors before it stopped...It always was hit or miss if it would lock with the lock button. I just pushed the unlock and in ? seconds it would automatically lock the car...So I have 2 issues...a fix for either or both would be welcomed.