1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Navigation System

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Timexhiker, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Timexhiker

Timexhiker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I did update it with the latest DVD I could find on eBay. Here’s my question, if while stopped, can I find out what my coordinates are?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I believe so, maybe a couple different ways.

If you start to select a Destination, one of the options might be Emergency. That will give you buttons to find a local police or fire station, hospital, or Toyota dealer. :) It also will display your current latitude/longitude and nearby map location.

At least a Gen 3 will do that. I'm guessing Gen 2 also has that feature.

Other option is to put the MFD in its diagnostic mode (various threads here about that) and go to the GPS status screen, where I think you'll see your latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, which satellites are in view, and their signal strengths.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    On a separate note....I've noticed a lot of people don't realize their phone has this info. On an iphone you can select the Utilities button and then Compass. It provides an electronic compass and your exact lat/long/elevation