1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 NEED HELP. Coil Pack

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Eddie Brown, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Eddie Brown

Eddie Brown Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was driving down a dark road during a huge storm and came to a flooded road. I slowly drove through it and 15 minutes later the check engine light came on the the car was sputtering and making a loud knocking noise.

a Toyota dealership charged me $145 for a diagnostic and it showed up as needing 4 new ignition coils and plugs.

I changed all 4 coils and plugs and the car is still making the loud knocking noise at low speed but when I give it gas there is no noise just a sputtering.

What could the problem be?

Thanks,

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How deep was the water?

Can you post the OBD2 codes that the dealer charged you for?

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    First of all glad you stopped yet another dishonest Toyota stealership misdiagnosis ripoff sooner than later! Next step is to do some basic maintenance on the car and lots of cleaning and inspecting for signs of moisture. Both the intake and exhaust system need a thorough going over, also cleaning and testing the sensors. But let the error codes guide if there are any so you aren't flying blind.

4. Eddie Brown

Eddie Brown Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    P0302 and P0303