1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius - abnormal sound from dashboard area

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by John Skyline, Nov 12, 2022.

1. John Skyline

John Skyline New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys, need advice if you have experienced this sound coming from the dashboard and how you rectified it. Sound comes on when the car is stationary and moving. Model year 2005. Mileage 100K.
    [MEDIA----https://youtube.com/shorts/PSTy1ztk31Y?feature=share---- [/MEDIA]
    [MEDIA----https://youtube.com/shorts/cCCwvj36G4k?feature=share---- [/MEDIA]

Please use without the "-". Thank you in advance.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

For me it's helpful to be able to click the links in the post. On my phone, if I click a youtube link in the Chrome browser, it will use the youtube app to open it, which works, but if I enter a youtube URL directly, Chrome tries to play it internally, a much less successful proposition most of the time. And oddly, the youtube app itself has a general search feature but no way to just say "here's the URL that I want you to play." :mad:

To me this sounds like:

No, that wasn't a mouse in the heater | PriusChat

#2 ChapmanF, Nov 12, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  3. John Skyline

John Skyline New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Chap. I have also read your comments in the other threads, and I'm keen to give it a try by myself, hoping that it's not a costly issue. Just checking did you by chance recorded a video when you fixed this part, or come across such videos on the web? I don't wish to taking out the wrong philip screws haha!

4. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have patience and a few simple tools it’s a DIY task to clean up the motors. You don’t even have to replace parts as a cleaning fixes most. You will need some micro offset screwdrivers to reach screws with very little access. An inspection mirror and flashlight was also useful

only attack this if you are somewhat limber and can twist your body under the dash by the drivers footwell. If I were to do it again I might take the seat out first