1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius AC not blowing any air

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Laryssa, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Laryssa

Laryssa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

I'm new to Prius Chat and do not have too much knowledge on mechanics so bear with me. My AC has been giving me problems for about a week now when I would turn on the car my AC would only sometimes blow air. As of yesterday, it stopped completely and only a little air comes out if I turn off the recirculating air setting. Any suggestions on where I should start or how I may be able to diagnose my issue? My dad recommended checking the fuses but I'm not really sure how to go about that.
    Thanks!

2. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Read through this thread link I posted below, it has several different people who approached your same problem several different ways, from fuses to complete replacement of the blower fan (which I am going to guess is your problem).

To check the fuses, check your owners' manual for "how to." No manual? Go to the toyota's owners website -- the official toyota motors web site -- and register your car and you can check on needed recalls, etc. as well as download a manual.

Need help! blower fan not working | PriusChat

3. Laryssa

Laryssa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A