1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Air Conditioning Problem - Intermittent

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by statultra, Apr 18, 2011.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Im having issues with my air conditioning on the 05 prius. For some reason when I leave to go somewhere its fine, but if I stop for long periods of the time the a/c stops cooling, the fan is still blowing. once i take off it cools somewhat better but still not cold as it should be.

I have already had the car checked for DTCs and there are none, plus I had the a/c vacuumed down and recharged to factory specs, it still has the same problem.

2. ZitterZap

ZitterZap Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a similar issue after installing a new condenser coil on my Prius. The ac cooled intermittently. Figured out that the dryer that came with the new condenser coil was bad and was causing high pressure inside the freon system (I think) because of this the AC will stop cooling after the pressure builds. Not exactly like your problem but a bad dryer could be a possible cause for intermittent cooling.