1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Battery Replacement California (Visalia, CA)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Richie Conway, May 9, 2018.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like the medicaid scam on 60 minutes a few years back. all these fake companies billing them for 600 billion a year, with po boxes, and physical addresses that weren't really there when they investigated.

srellim234 and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. priusfan3000

priusfan3000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I replaced three modules in the battery pack for $150(about 3 or 4 years ago). If you do not dare disassemble and open the battery pack, you can buy reconditioned for about 1200(Doorman brand or other). If the new factory battery is $2500 it is a great deal(it was 4 to 5000 when i did my repair).
    One word of advice, try to keep the battery as charged as possible via regen, accelerating often, etc. If you have one battery module bad and the battery charge goes too low, that might send that module below the minimum voltage( at that point the red triangle comes on, meaning that module/s is/are toast)