1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 prius brake actuator

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sharnold, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Sharnold

Sharnold Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Had a 08 prius come in that the customer stated that the actuator was replaced by the previous owner. The beake pedal must be pushed to the floor to stop and the alarm is going off constantly for the brake system non stop. I ran techstream on the car and of course it shows all speed sensors malfunctioning, low pressure.......etc
    C1203
    C1253
    C1256
    C1345
    C1932
    Also the actuator was used from a salvage yard. I tried running the techstream actuator brake bleeding procedure but it keeps kicking me off
    And as far as adjusting the linear learning it will not allow it either.......
    I'm assuming a faulty part equals a faulty fix
    Any ideas would be appreciated before i replace the actuator

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have two dongles I've used with Techstream, and one of them wouldn't get through a brake bleed more than one time in five or six. If that's part of the problem, it will be important get one that works, because if you can't finish bleeding the brakes, they won't work well, even if the actuator is ok.

Speed sensors malfunctioning, though? That's between the sensors and the skid ECU. I don't think the ECU goes bad often, but it would be on the list to check, along with wiring. I'd recommend finding the Repair Manual workup procedures for the codes you've got, and following them systematically.

SFO likes this.