1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Calendar Now Available for sale in the PC Shop!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: 2005 Prius Calendar Now Available for sale in the PC Sho

Just received my 05 calendar today; looks great. But since my car made the back inside cover I could be biased,,,hmmmm, na, dont think so. Thanks Danny.

Update:
    No holes in mine either and I can't spell factoid anyway. Also, on the inside back cover, there is a blue Prius hat at about the 9 o'clock position. Sure would be nice if we could get our hands on some of those. Just an idea. Merry Christmas everyone!

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm very happy to hear that everyone's receiving theirs without any problems and that you agree with myself and rflagg on how they turned out.

I really appreciate everyone who included nice quick notes with their payments - it's a pleasure to "work" with folks like you.

3. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Re: How is the Calendar part?

The USPS E-mail announcing the Priority Mail would ship was exciting. This wait is nothing compared to the wait for my Prius (which wasn't bad, so I'll shut up out of respect for those who put in months of waiting).

I haven't seen it, and one question remains: How is it as a calendar? So far we know it has (probably) the right number of days and months, and the US holidays are marked. Any mundane details (or an "inside" pic) a recipient would like to show?

Here's hoping you had enough "undocumented" sales to make a second printing worthwhile. That is, to just have 6 people pop up (when you stated you still had 5 unsold) and say their PayPal was botched would be very frustrating.

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Got my 2005 PriusChat calendar today.

. . . . . Hmmmm, Display it, or Use it??? . . .

Wether to mount it in a frame under glass and display it for the artwork that it is, or, punch a small hole in it and hang it on a nail on my office wall and use it.

Thank God I have 29 days to decide.

5. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got mine today. Thanks Danny. It looks great.

6. rflagg

rflagg Member

Actually, you'll notice it already has a small hole drilled in the front for the main calendar pages - the 'extra' pages don't have holes in them.

-m.

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rflagg\";p=\"54862)</div>
    I think you made my mind up for me on how to use my calendar. Mine doesn't have ANY holes . . . maybe that makes it rare and valuable . . . under glass it goes.

8. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Just got mine yesterday -- they are indeed a welcome set of eye candy.

FYI, I would pay a little more for a larger format but I have no idea what something like that would cost.

BTW, am I the only detail freak or is everyone so overwhelmed by the pretty pictures that they didn't notice the typo on the Prius Factiods page. Shouldn't that be "Factoids" ?

No need for a recall but if you do a 2nd printing you might want to fix it.

9. rflagg

rflagg Member

doh! Nice catch John - you'd think by Photoshop 7, they'd have a spellchecker in there... :)

-m.

10. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Got mine the evening of Dec. 2, somehow Undamaged by USPS in the mailbox. Deciding where to put the sticker...

Thanks John for mentioning the "factiods" typo. I find typos for a living and have become accustomed to being the bearer of bad news.

Early in my career, my boss consoled me when I was the creator of a typo. He told me carpet makers intentionally put one flaw in everything they make, because only God is perfect.

Our union newsletter claims they put errors in their publication intentionally because they do not wish to disappoint those who are always looking for mistakes.

My feeling is this gives you something to improve on, because I didn't see anything else.

The black wire "spiral" binding is very good and the calendar layout clear and easy to read. Just enough room to add notes on each day.

But it won't be easy writing all over this treasure! Well done.

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just an update for our international members, I'll have yours shipped out on Monday. Sorry about the delay.

12. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rflagg\";p=\"54977)</div>
    as a student of printing in high school.. where keeping a hand OUT of the letter press was most important.. our slogan was.. 'We Print, and never make misteaks'... later in life, as a print sales person.. I used that a lot..

Nice work, -m

Bob Andersen

13. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

I got my calendar yesterday, and I gotta say I like it. Very sharp. It will be what I admire until I pick up my own Prius next week.
    My calendar actually had a hole all the way through (except the back cover, but the back cover always hangs down). I will try to contribute to and purchase future calendars, if this is what can be expected. I'll have to watch for opportune places for pics.

14. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bnlfanmatt\";p=\"55182)</div>
    Even after you get the car, just pick up the calendar! It's much lighter.

Sorry. That joke comes from years of answering questions such as "Is this how I catch my train?"

15. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jimofdg\";p=\"55187)</div>
    :roll:

16. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

Got mine yesterday...excellent work...actually,i got 2 of them...wife had got one...she took hers to her boss,who now has a new prius,and they hung it up at work for all people to see...
    thanks for the good work...will be taking new photos for 2006 version...seeing how i made that back cover this year, im going for the front next... :wave: :wave:

17. wb9tyj

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

i guess store is not up yet...need to order 2 more...

18. T_S_Kimball

T_S_Kimball Ambassador from Uru

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Morning all,

Mine arrived last week, looks great but not sure where I'll have a place to mount it. Oh well I have a few more days.

I did find the other item too, thanks Danny. Got that put on Sunday after I figured out how to set it up correctly.

--TSK

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Right now we don't have anymore to sell. If there is substantial interest in the calendars, I'll place another order and hopefully I would be able to get them out by December 20th. But I don't want to place another order if there is not going to be the interest to sell them.

20. wb9tyj

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    how many do you need to place an order? there is a possibility the local toyota dealer may wants some...he seen mine and went "wow"...