1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius doesn't make a "Beep" during incoming c

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by colin1, Jun 13, 2005.

1. colin1

colin1 New Member

My 2005 Prius doesn't make a sound when an incoming call is received over the Bluetooth link. I have my Treo 650 set to Autoanswer immediately.

The MFD shows the incoming call and the conversation is clear on both ends, but while driving, it's a bit disconcerting to suddenly hear a voice saying "Hello" without any warning.

Is there a Setup option in the Prius to enable/disable the audible tone that should be sounded during an incoming call ?

The Navigation System Owner's Manual states that the "screen is displayed with a sound."

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is a common issue with many phones. Some bluetooth phones ring through the car and some don't. This has been extensively discussed in the Audio & Electronics Forum.

3. colin1

colin1 New Member

Re: 2005 Prius doesn't make a "Beep" during incomi

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I accept the fact that the Treo 650 "itself" may not be able to ring through to the Prius.

However, I'm referring to the Owner's Manual that "implies" that the Prius generates a tone - NOT the Bluetooth telephone.

Just trying to ascertain correct behavior for the MFD.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The only beep which I have experienced is the confirmation that the Bluetooth connection was successful.

5. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius\";p=\"98449)</div>
    Correct. The Prius will just play the phones ringer over the Bluetooth connection. There is no "beep."

If you don't set your phone to auto answer, then you will hear your phones ringer on the drivers side speaker(s).

6. SalsaMike

SalsaMike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oly_57mpg\";p=\"98462)</div>
    I guess that depends on your phone. I have my Motorola V330 (T-Mobile) set to NOT auto answer. The phone rings but NOTHING is heard over the drivers side speaker(s). Seems like it would be an easy feaure to have the Prius BlueTooth have an option to ring when a call comes in.

7. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SalsaMike\";p=\"98470)</div>
    Humm... that's odd. It should.
    Then again, the only phones that I have ever owned and operated are Nokia. Nokia, of course, was one of the pioneers of Bluetooth.

Out of curiosity, do you have a Bluetooth headset? If so, when you push buttons on your phone, that normally makes tones, do you hear those same tones in the headset?

You're phone my not forward the audio to Bluetooth; which is why you don't hear the ringer. If the phone is set up correctly, it should "forward" all audio from the handset to the driver's side speaker.

8. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oly_57mpg\";p=\"98474)</div>
    SalsaMike is correct. It depends on the phone. Not all Bluetooth phones ring through the Prius' sound system.