1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Front Brake Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sonofabeach89, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Sonofabeach89

Sonofabeach89 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hello I need help. I have a 2005 toyota Prius. My front brakes wont work, only my back brakes work.
    Heres a little history. I replace front brakes a couple months go and they still have meat on them. My ABS, Brake and (!) Lights are on but they have been on for over 4 months (dont know the code). 2 weeks ago I got both font wheel bearings replace. I notice the front brakes starting to not work yesterday when i went to pick up my son but it seem like they started to work again after driving a little. Then goimg to work and back i had no front brakes so im trying to see if i can figure it out before i spend a arm and a leg sending to the shop as I just spend over 1k on wheel bearing being replace.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe back up and ask yourself: “Am I being responsible?”.

3. Sonofabeach89

Sonofabeach89 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well yes i used my blinkers!

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Thebakerman

Thebakerman Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    It's pretty obvious to me at this point, it's a wheel speed bearing sensor. The only way to know is to buy a 20 dollar scanner and check the code. Without having a check engine code it's hard to tell. However my money is on, wheel sensor bearing which one goes out, the whole abs system goes out. Then it's like driving a regular car except on freeway it will regenerate battery. Fyi

Sonofabeach89 likes this.
  5. Thebakerman

Thebakerman Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    You need to be more specific on what dash lights are in and buy a scanner. This will tell you exactly what's wrong. Right now it's a crap shoot!