1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Honks Constantly After Hitting Unlock On Key Fob & More

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Reggaepanda, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Reggaepanda

Reggaepanda New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently replaced the 12v battery in my 2005 Prius after discovering that the old battery was only supplying 9v and the car wouldn't start! About 1 month later, when trying to start the car, the dashboard acted strangely. The fuel gauge was flash back and forth between 1 bar and full bars and the gear symbols would flash at seemingly regular intervals. I replaced the key fob battery and that solved the problem.

Now cut to 5 days later, I try to unlock the doors with the key fob... and the horn started honking a struggling muffled version of the normal alarm. Only the driver's door unlocked but you could hear a rhythmic clicking coming from the locks inside. It sounded like they were trying to unlock but couldn't. I couldn't start the car or stop the honking and lock clicking, so I removed the horn's fuse. It has since stopped honking and clicking, but it will not start.

Can anyone please help me?

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Check the voltage on the 12 V battery after the car has sat overnight, if it is not 12.7 or more give the battery a charge.

Check that the connections on both the +ve and -ve poles on the 12 V battery are tight. Also check where the -ve connects to the car body (by the light) is clean and tight.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    make sure the buttons on your fob aren't stuck down.