1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius Owner AUX NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mpglol, Dec 18, 2016.

1. mpglol

mpglol New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Alright so I just bought my prius yesterday and when I begin to look for the aux cable bam didn't have one.(06+) are the ones that came with one

Got on all the forums freaking out and the best fix in my opinion is the install of the aux into the cd changer behind the radio

I was wondering if anybody had a good brand of the product or should I just eBay it

also if anybody had a good thread or video showing how to install it

2. Kate Harvest

Kate Harvest Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's a pretty good guide with photos for how to disassemble the dash to gain access to the back of the head unit.

I use a GROMAudio USB3 and am reasonably happy with it, though I use the USB mass storage function much more than the aux function.

Attached Files:

3. HY106

HY106 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hey Kate, so does that enable you to play music from your flash drive?

4. Kate Harvest

Kate Harvest Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It sure does. And I get to browse the flash drive's content using the MFD as if it was a CD changer with MP3/CD's loaded into it!

5. beenjaminY

beenjaminY New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    aux is great but one more vote here for USB - much more convenient once it's loaded up properly.

6. Kate Harvest

Kate Harvest Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The VAIS MML is generally a much more well regarded product for playing off of a USB stick with the stock MFD UI... I picked the GROM unit instead both because it's about $100 cheaper and because in USB stick mode, the MML emulates a 4 disk MP3/CD changer and requires you to partition your USB stick into 4 partitions to do so whereas the GROM lets you emulate a 6 disk changer and just has you make a folder for each emulated "disk," so that all 6 of the disk buttons on the UI have a use.

The GROM is decidedly buggier too though.