1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Prius with 250,000 miles does great!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ernie stires, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Ernie stires

Ernie stires Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    We drove from Denver to southern New Mexico over Christmas and our trusty Prius did great! New oil and filters, fluid check and injector cleaner on board. Our battery tests and about 50% on Dr Prius, but she did well over the many hills and delivered nearly 46 average MPG for the trip! I spent less in gas than I did at McDonalds! I did bring a small assortment of spare parts but they were not necessary as it turns out.

ammdb likes this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I know it's great I just put a battery in my '09 and shot the mileage and everything right back up where it's supposed to be Great setup

Ernie stires likes this.
  3. Ernie stires

Ernie stires Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Cool, rebuilt battery?

Tombukt2 likes this.
  4. Grzldvt

Grzldvt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I inherited a 2007 Prius with a bad battery and missing a cat. It had 212,000 miles on it. I put in a rebuilt battery for $2000 and a catalytic convertor with a shield for $2900. I drive back and forth from San Jose to Yosemite roughly every two weeks. I am not easy on the car and many miles of my drive is over some pretty serious mountain roads I usually run 65mph to 80mph and am getting 43mpg.
    Same with me my other car a PT Cruiser runs me $40 round trip, the Prius runs me $15

Ernie stires likes this.
  5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No at the time Rick Hendrick Toyota here in North Carolina was offering a new battery for 1437 they build my credit card for three grand for 2 days then on the return of my core they put back all the money but kept the 1437 which is the cost of the battery I put it in the parking lot I've been driving with that bad battery for about 21 days I was on gas engine almost all the time getting 39 mi to the gallon New battery pushed it up to 47.1. all well . I did not want to risk playing with the battery rebuilders this is a service vehicle and I need it on the road. But then I met the hybrid doctor in Virginia I was working on my 13 persona He redid a battery for me and it seems to be working as good as a brand new one I'll put 10,000 mi on it not a problem at all cost me $7.50 basically half of the new battery Gen 2 and 3 being almost identical

Ernie stires likes this.