1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 prius with jbl 6 disc, lights question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by stephen lamasney, Mar 17, 2017.

1. stephen lamasney

stephen lamasney New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2005 prius with package 5 which includes a 6 disc cd changer.
    I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary until I noticed when I loaded cd's into it.
    loaded with 6 cd the 6 cd inidcator lights illuminate one at a time as you load cd's into it, ok.
    now power off the radio and the radio turns off but the indicator lights stay on. ok.
    Now turn the car is totally off with no key in it and key is in the house, you can get in the car and the 6 horizontal cd indicator lights are still always on even though everything else is off.
    shouldn't these 6 cd indicator lights shut off just like everything else. they stay on all night with car not in use.
    I'm trying to chase down a slow 12volt battery drain and I think it might be the radio but I don't have another prius with jbl to compare it to.
    unplugging the amp doesn't seem to help, the lights still stay on.
    any advice would be helpful.
    I'm going to try pulling the cd player fuse next to see if problem goes away but thought I'd see if anyone else has one of these systems with a quick answer about lights going out when car is off.
    thanks
    steve

2. Abdulaziz_Barham

Abdulaziz_Barham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I have 2008 with jbl system 6 cd , but when i switch off the power every thing goes off .

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When the Prius is IG-OFF, see whether there is still power at the 12V accessory power outlets - for example, plug in your cellphone mobile charger or something like that. If you find that there is power, then the problem is that the ACC relay is stuck closed. Replace that relay to take care of the 12V power drain issue as well as the issue where the stereo CD indicator lights remain on.

Now, you are going to ask where the ACC relay is located. It is on the driver's side of the instrument panel, and will be near, but not part of the relay/fuse box located under there. So look for a relay which is located by itself. Consult techinfo.toyota.com to obtain the electrical wiring diagram for your model year which also has illustrated parts diagrams.