1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Radio w/o nav or bluetooth replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Logan Jensen, May 17, 2020.

1. Logan Jensen

Logan Jensen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I've tried searching for this, but haven't found the thread I'm looking more. I'm looking to replace my stock 2005 radio with a new one with Bluetooth, and preferably navigation as well. What's the best radios out there to do that while keeping the mpg tracking and steering wheel controls?

Sean2005Gen2CA likes this.
  2. Sean2005Gen2CA

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm in the same boat, it'd be great to see a list (or just a few options) of successfully installed head-units that are compatible with the steering wheel controls! I see several other posts in this forum about Crutchfield custom harness adapters that match any system to your vehicle, does that mean technically that any stereo could potentially be installed, as long as the dimensions align?

3. Berch1943

Berch1943 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm wondering too could you replace the stock MFD with another stock one that has navigation & bluetooth in it? Like this

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    crutchfield will hook you up with everything you need, and they give good instructions too. your steering wheel buttons will work if you get the right stuff. they can help you with all that.

5. Tomahawk297

Tomahawk297 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Alpine ILX-W650 is an amazing little head unit for $300 with apple and android play capabilities, the touch screen is extremely responsive (they use the same technology in the touch screen as your phone has), and Crutchfield can hook you up with the whole dash kit, wiring, and adapter to keep the steering wheel controls for I think it was $90. After tax you’re all in for about $420. Hit up Crutchfield!