1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Red warning light - code P0AA6 - 526 & 612 also P0300, 301, 303

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Paul ter Brugge, Dec 24, 2014.

1. John Gjata

John Gjata Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks

2. Cody26

Cody26 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I also ordered a megohmmeter and I will see what can I do from there.

3. Cody26

Cody26 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    What I have learned is that you can simply measure the voltage to identify if there is any voltage leak in the pack. Myself, I was gonna open up the pack and use megohmmeter to measure the leaks. But the below video claims that we don't need to do that to find out whether there was a leak. Watch the video in the link

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Waste of $$$.

Put your time into a battery physical investigation. You wont be disappointed.

Take the battery pack out take the covers off and you will find alot of corrosion and in your case a cracked module or 2 with leaking electrolyte.

Cody26 likes this.
  5. strawbrad

strawbrad http://minnesotahybridbatteries.com

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes,
    This works and is the easy way to find a battery leak. The video shows about the most careless way to do it. You should wear gloves, don't touch the body of the car, and hold both test leads with one hand. There is no good reason to use two hands and introduce the possibility of voltage across your heart. I prefer to measure at the negative and positive terminals on the battery side of the relays. You can tell how far away the leak is from the point of measure from the level of voltage that does not bleed off.

Cody26 likes this.
  6. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I like your way since it is easy to hold both leads in one hand at that measurement location.