1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale 2005 Seaside Pearl [Blue] Package #4 whole car or parts

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by Priusyipee, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Priusyipee

Priusyipee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Private sale of 2005 Prius Seaside pearl [blue] with ivory interior in Upstate NY (Champlain Valley)
    whole car or parts. Is there any interest?

No engine light / master warning light
    Original owner purchased November 5, 2005 (ordered July 24, 2004!)
    Package #4 Rear intermittent wiper
    Driver / passenger side curtain airbags
    Smart entry and start (2 smart keys)
    Vehicle stability control
    Front fog lamps
    HID headlamps
    Prius floormats
    Heated smooth leather seating
    Clear bumper protector
    Autobahn clear hood, front bumper and front fender protection

Mileage: closing in on 320,000 currently on the road and being driven.
    Hybrid battery completely original never tampered with. SOC is normal. Privately owned - not used as a cab.
    All electronics in clean and in working order. Seats and carpeting have been covered since new and nearly flawless! No wear on leather - seat heaters in working order. No stains on interior. Carpeting very very clean. Console is clean and cover in perfect condition - no tears , stains or rips. The same for door armrests. headliner and visors are also clean as are all rear cargo components and carpeted mats which were kept covered and look brand new. No kids or pets (ever) in this car. Never had rear seat passengers (seats kept down and used as a 2 seater). All cargo area trays, spare and other parts included in the rear area are complete and in clean, working order. All harnesses, wiring, buttons, dials, etc., are clean, complete and functional. Never a problem with the engine which has been serviced with Mobil 1 and OEM oil filters every 5,000 miles since new. Engine air filters replaced every 20,000 miles with OEM products. This engine does not burn oil and mileage still in the high 40s during warm weather. The engine is completely original and never tampered with except for the ice water pump replacement a few years ago. Transaxle has had the fluid drained and replaced at regular intervals and performs as expected.
    Body panels are straight with no collision damage.

Selling due to inability to pass inspection because of rust on the frame. Rocker panels are rusted out in front of and behind wheels and some light rust is evident on doors. Needs front wheel bearings and speed sensors (moot point since the frame has rust damage).

No damage to glass. Fenders and quarter panels, hood, hatch, and roof are perfect. Front bumper has minor line about 3" (shopping cart blew into the car) and rear bumper has a peel off static business sign. The car has seen only highway miles over the years with daily commutes between 50 and 80 miles. At the end of the month I will be taking the car "off the road" but intend to keep it running (to preserve the hybrid and 12v batteries) as I have an '08 Prius and parts are interchangeable. Wheels and tires are in good condition and front brakes replaced last year. If there is anyone out there who would either like to purchase the car as a whole or interested in parts, please let me know. Great project car if you own a body shop or have the time and know how.

m.wynn likes this.
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    what a perfect project car

m.wynn likes this.
  3. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I would be interested if you could maybe lay on the ground lol and take pics of the rust damage

iPhone ?

4. Bill the Engineer

Bill the Engineer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds like one for Steve at autobeyours.com

5. Priusyipee

Priusyipee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We just had a heavy snow storm. The car still runs fine. I can get pics in a few days once the weather clears. The car is in Upstate NY about 35 miles south of the Canadian border.

6. trentofdestiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I understand

iPhone ?

Priusyipee likes this.
  7. Priusyipee

Priusyipee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just couldn't do it. I had to get a second opinion from a NYS inspection station before I threw in the towel on this one. I am glad that I did. Although the car shows signs of extreme rust especially on the driver's side rocker panel behind the front wheel, it has not compromised the frame. Inspection station #2 said that the car is easily passable and that inspection station #1 probably did not want to bother with it. :mad: I was told that the car could keep going for at least a few more years...:ROFLMAO: I will post pictures once we get the car back.

8. trentofdestiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's fine. Glad to hear it

iPhone ?

9. Sezy

Sezy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm looking for all 4 air vent covers. Are you parting with those?

10. Priusyipee

Priusyipee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you read the earlier posts, you'd see that the car is still on the road for now. If anything comes up (no longer operable) I will let you know.