1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 touch screen into a 2008?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jason Greenlee, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Jason Greenlee

Jason Greenlee New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2005 Prius, completely loaded with the 7 button, touch display screen. I'm about to get rid of it (it has developed a nasty transmission related issue) and have purchased a 2008 with the base trim package, 4 button display screen. No navigation, etc., but with back up camera that the 2005 did not have available. My question is, can I swap them? And will I have to sacrifice the back up cam? I know it would include removing the navigation DVD player below the driver's seat as well as swapping the 6 disc and the single disc players. I had to remove the screen and other dash components in the 2005 to unstick the 6 disc CD player last year, so I'm familiar with the process, I just don't want to have to put it all back where I got it if it doesn't work or fit. Thanks in advance for any usable information.
    Jason Greenlee

Paul Schenck likes this.