1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 w/ 100k miles - Newly Acquired

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by writes123, Jun 30, 2014.

1. writes123

writes123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello PriusChat Members,

I've been reading this forum for a few days since I've started to seriously consider buying a Prius for my new commute which involves around 120-150 miles per weekday in the SoCal region. I'm ball parking 30-36k miles for the upcoming 12 months. naturally, I started looking into Priuses and eventually I found one that was reasonably priced and well-maintained.

The one I settled on is a 2005 Gold Prius with Package 6 w/ cloth interior. It's been dealer maintained since its initial purchase in June 2005. Both water pumps, drive belt, recall work, 12V battery (3 yrs old) and less than 1k miles ago a brand new HV battery. It's had oil changes every 5k miles from the local Toyota dealer and even had some TB/fuel injectors cleanup (extraneous for a dealer). Only thing missing is transmission service which I hope to do soon. Maybe a brake flush as well since I've got the TIS Lite. Gotta get a set of new tires - probably Energy Savers in 195/65/R15. My return mpg was quoted at 53 mpg much better than the '14 Ford Fusion I drove up there, which got 27 mpg. I've just order a SanGauge II to further try to maximize my mpgs.

Cosmetically, it could use a little rear bumper work and a new clear coat on the rear spoiler.

I had to drive near 12 hrs RT to get the car but I believe it was worth it. I managed to get it for under $6k. The owner was low-balled at the local dealer on a trade in for a new Prius Plug-in.

I hope to continue reading and learning for this great forum and its members.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! sounds like a beauty, all the best!

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    12 hours RT? wow, what if after 6 hours you didn't like the smell of the car? Glad it worked out :)

jharper03 likes this.
  4. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the club, all the best. :)