1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 with leather seats?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by schultkl, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    In the US a 2005 would have had aftermarket leather installed. Some aftermarket leather installers do a great job though and I can believe it looked factory.

2. Kurzweil

Kurzweil Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There are a few of those aftermarket leather kits still available on eBay and I bought one for around $300 US. They install in an identical fashion to the factory cloth covers. The headrests get a zip on leather cover over cloth but for the seats, you remove the cloth and replace it with the leather using 80% if the same attachment points, hog rings and all. There are slightly fewer attachments. When done, they will look as good as the factory work, albeit maybe one little wrinkle here or there. Note that this is is not a speedy process. The first one took me ten hours last November and the second one around four. I am reasonably competent with mechanical work; there is just a lot of things to do, what with the seat and backrest. Do NOT attempt in cold weather! The most miserable day of summer is perfect. I still have the rears to do but I hardly ever see those seats as I am a musician and haul keyboard equipment. Once the job is done, you can sell the old front seat covers if they're in good condition, and mine are.