1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006, 334K Miles, Red Triangle!, Cleared by 12V Disconnect, what next?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bassistom, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Bassistom

Bassistom New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Hello Fellow Prius Drivers,
    334K on my 2006 (package 6, if memory serves), original owner, all regular maintenance, just had its first brake job. Still gets low 40s MPG. Last night the Red Triangle!, VCS, and Brake Warning lights came on and stayed on until I shut down and restarted. The Red Triangle! re-appeared, but otherwise faultless performance. Checked 12V battery health, still in the recommended ranges. Disconnected the 12V battery, waited 30 seconds, reconnected. All good, Red Triangle! gone, no warnings displayed. Drove around surface streets, up to 50 mph, didn't get on a freeway, no change, everything running fine. What may I expect now?

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Welcome to Prius Chat and fellow nor cal resident (y).

That’s a lot of miles and getting up there in age:cool:.

I’d look to get a mini vci or vxdiag J2534 protocol dongle and pair it with an old windows laptop so you have a good scan tool to find out the true codes and then begin troubleshooting what you find;).

Good luck and keep us posted (y).

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Having cleared the code that would have told you what is happening with the car, you will have to wait for the next time it is detected, then read it.