1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Glass Breakage Sensor GBS Installation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TheForce, Jun 5, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jun 30 2006, 04:00 AM) [snapback]279030[/snapback]</div>

I'll have to play with mine some more.. I've never set it off before.. but you don't want to toooo sensitive or it will just be a pain and nuisance..... I wonder how long it continues to alarm once its gone off?
    Till the battery drains, or is there a time limit?

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Jun 30 2006, 07:06 AM) [snapback]279031[/snapback]</div>
    The instructions say that when you tap the glass it will go off for 20 sec as a warning and when the glass breaks I think it said it will go off for 1 min.

3. SaeGai06

SaeGai06 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jun 30 2006, 04:00 AM) [snapback]279030[/snapback]</div>

Mine too.

windstrings:

Try arming your vehicle, wait 30 seconds and with the tip of a key, give one of your window a few hard taps in the center of the window. This should set it off.

4. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SaeGai06 @ Jun 30 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]279160[/snapback]</div>
    Just don't hit it too hard. ;) What I did to test it was disable sks, arm the alarm, wait 30 sec, and tap the glass, then harder, then harder, then harder until I set it off. There would be a point to stop hitting harder. If you think your hitting too hard then stop and adjust the sensitivity. On setting 9 like the instructions say you have to give it a good whack before it goes off.

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jun 30 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]279212[/snapback]</div>

YOu must be talking about the third party one you installed.. I'm not aware if I can adjust the sensitivity of my FActory installed one.

Humm..not sure mine is working right...

I did as you suggested and couldn't get it to alarm... why do you need to turn of sks?.. does your close presence with the keys disarm it?

If so, I still tried it... is there another way to tell if its armed?

I tapped as hard as I dared with my knuckle and my keys to no avail.

6. SaeGai06

SaeGai06 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Jun 30 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]279259[/snapback]</div>
    windstrings: In the directions for the 2006 Factory GBS install (add on)(available here)page 5 of 14 shows that you can adjust the sensitivity of the GBS.

Are you sure you have the Factory GBS installed? I also have a 2006 package 8 and the GBS is NOT pre-installed from the factory.

When I tested my GBS, my sks was left on. So i'm not sure if that made a difference.

7. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I turned my sks off to simulate my FOB not being there. I did not want to arm the car with my FOB 100 feet away and my alarm going off. I assume you can have sks on and the FOB next to the car and still have it go off but I wanted to simulate what would happen in the real world. I wanted to keep the FOB close to me to kill the alarm quick.

If you have GBS its located behind the bottom center cluster panel below the radio. You have to take a few things off to get to it but when you do there is a little box with a hole. You can stick a screwdriver in it to adjust the sensitivity. 1 is less sensitive and 11 is most sensitive. If I remember correctly clockwise is more sensitive.

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SaeGai06 @ Jun 30 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]279282[/snapback]</div>
    I have two 06prius's...one does not have it, but mine does...

thanks.. I'll check into that...

P.S. and thanks for the pdf link SaeGai06, it looks interesting....