1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 MFD Blank

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rottylad, Aug 16, 2021.

1. rottylad

rottylad New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everybody, I just purchased a used (141k) 2006 Prius after having a 2005 for a few years. Having it for less than a week I've been really happy with it ! This morning as I got in the car to head to work, the Toyota Synergy screen popped up albeit very staticy/washed out for just a second or two and since then, the screen went blank and has not come back. I would like to say that the radio and climate control are fully functional from the buttons on the steering wheel but all the buttons surrounding the MFD are unresponsive, including info on the steering wheel.

I've read a few dated threads and have seen diagnosis ranging from the 12v battery to improper soldering/failed electric circuits under the steering wheel, but nearly all these threads the original poster does not state what the problem was/how they fixed it.

I am currently making arrangements to take it to a mechanic in the coming days but would like to speak with them with a bit more knowledge on what could be possibly causing this so any and all additional insight on this matter would be much appreciated !

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    sounds like you need a new or salvage unit