1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 MFD: Package #1 different from #3+ ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sb_in_nc, Feb 24, 2006.

1. sb_in_nc

sb_in_nc New Member

Hello, I am contemplating a 2006 Package #1. I read that Package #1 MFD is different (older analog style) compared to all other 2006 MFDs? Is this true, or how can I verfiy if it is new vs. old MFD?

Here's the text from the hybridinterfaces.ca website that concerns me:

"They also do not work on the 2006 Prius (except the very basic model with the old screen)."

Any ideas? I don't want an old-school MFD, know what I mean?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    get one with navigation. those have the new screens.

where in NC are ya?

3. sb_in_nc

sb_in_nc New Member

Navi would be nice but I am looking for cheap model. It's Package#1 or the 2006 HCH.

Pinehurst, NC. Looking at Package #1 Black.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    nothing wrong with the 05 screens IMO. of course newer always seems nicer though.

good luck with your search. i know the pkg 1's are out there. and you're always welcome to head up to the triangle area for a club meeting. :) http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/trianglepriusclub

5. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My belief is that if the package has the backup camera, you have the newer, higher-resolution MFD. I have a package 3, with camera, with new screen, but the manual does show a more basic MFD, probably the one on a Package #1 without the camera.
    But, as someone else said, that doesn't necessarily make it "bad", its probably the same display the 2004-2005 models used.