1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 MP3 and WMA player

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by plee4prius, Dec 31, 2005.

1. scionfriar

scionfriar Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pfile @ Jan 18 2006, 02:11 AM) [snapback]192359[/snapback]</div>
    Good info in this thread. I tried my first MP3 disc in the Prius today. I'm really disappointed in a few things:

1. I can't get it to shuffle through the folders (I have the disc divided into folders based on album title) and it will only shuffle the songs in the particular folder you are in.

2. The ID3 tags do not display. Only the folder, and the filename.

Both of these are different than my older stereo in my Scion that played MP3 discs. It would do full tags you could cycle through the info, and more importantly, you could shuffle through an entire disc of MP3s, regardless of folders.

2. ncc1701mda

ncc1701mda Junior Member

Mine shuffles through all the folders on a disc - on the audio screen just press and hold the shuffle button until you hear a beep (if you don't hold it long enough to hear the beep it will only shuffle the songs in the current folder).

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ncc1701mda @ Jun 18 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]273007[/snapback]</div>

Good one! I am a bit dissapointed by the audio quality though. What MP3 settings are you guys using? Using higher rates, LAME?

Thanks,

Alric

4. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

iTunes does not support CD-text. Hence, you will have a problem with MP3 disks on the Prius. I used Toast (on a Mac), others use Nero, which is a Windows program.

Rock on, :)