1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Battery Fan No Power to Connecting Plug

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by DJ77, May 31, 2021.

1. DJ77

DJ77 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Initially, I had a red triangle with codes P0A80 and P3000. I download the torque pro app, and input special PIDS for each battery block and for the auxiliary battery. Also added PID for HV battery fan speed. I immediately noticed battery #2 was overheating at 130deg. And the battery fan speed was 0. Cleaned the fan and ducts, checked the fan. Fan is good. Had corrosion on a plug that needed to be replaced. Fixed. Fan would still not start. Used multimeter to check plug going to fan. No current. Fuse under hood for fan is good.
    All lights including red triangle have been cleared, useing drprius app. Im at the point where its going to the shop to scan for reason. My guess after trouble shooting is that its a broken wire somewhere. Its a miracle I found the problem before I burnt out the batteries.

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Pretty sure that fan is controlled by the module mounted to the side of the black plastic duct that attaches at the bottom of the HV battery and directs flow to the outlet near the 12v battery. Its hidden from view since it's mounted on the side of the duct close to the wall of the car. May want to check that module. There is also the battery blower relay located against the same side of the car, located a couple inches above the passenger side battery frame mount.

HV Battery.jpg

#2 TMR-JWAP, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Samuel Williams Jr, SFO and ydpplqbd like this.