1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Calendar SOS Call!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree about the poster idea. I'll ask whoever ends up doing the calendars about making this image into a poster, if bigdaddy doesn't mind. Could be something cool to hang up in the office or in the garage.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

OK. I'm back in town, thanks for the encouragement, and some updates:

0) I have a band-aid on my finger, sorry fo r the crappy typing.

1) idea of poster is cool. I had originally designed for cover with my selection of images, resolution. etc. but if you think poster is better, than ok with me. Anything to advance the PriusChat community!!!

2) if it is a poster, i'd like to change the date to November 24, 2005 instead of 2006. This is the official 'commemorative' date of the image (US Thanksgiving, 2005).

3) As for not finding your avatar, I figured out a way to get everyone's avatar on the image. The new image seems 'brighter,' more colorful. I will post an 'everybody' image sometime soon, wathc this thread. I have thought about it, and it seems important that everyone's avatar is there. In fact, my avatar, Danny's and a few other 'often' posters avatars were not on the image, so I;ve cleared that up.

4) Whatever form this takes, poster or cover or whatever, I need to know capabilities of printer. These types of images are pretty sensitive to capabilities of print medium. Just let me know what printer is capable of doing, what the final size/dpi etc is and I will generate the best image for that target.

5) As fo rthe GM logo, that styas. It is some one's avatar. There is also an avatar of a toyo logo with a big X through it. In the spirit of the poster, I cannot discriminate.

Unofficial stats:
    6) Cats and dogs were pretty much even. The cat photos were slightly more interesting, which included "cat in a glass" and "cat with apple core on its head"

7) The stock Toyo photo of the Salsa car was the most prevalent avatar.

8) Seaside Pearl (my color) was the most prevalent color avatar car. Black and Salsa were next in line.

9) There were a few people that had 0 posts, but still had an avatar. I failed to see the point, but commemorated them anyway.

10) after cars, cats/dogs came in #2, then airplanes, then cartoons, then kids, then locomotives.

10) I used 965 images.

Other stuff:

11) my band-aid is still on. Sorry for the crappy typing.

12) Thanks to the downtempo thread. Good music suggestions.....

13) y'all are accounting for about 50% of the traffic on my ambientmining.com site.... Ain't going to post the hi res versions until I upmy bandwidth fees with the host...

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cool, but...."Why the crappy typing?" :p

4. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

YEAH! I love bigdaddy's concept.... now I'll need a poster and a calendar :D For the calendar I like hv74656 bottom pic as well.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Wait until you see the PriusChat action figures!

[Broken External Image]:http://www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org/images/contro/zap.gif

Moichendising!

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    fine...however, i can see it in the poster several dozen times and still havent seen mine. i think once for the gm logo is fair

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

3) As for not finding your avatar, I figured out a way to get everyone's avatar on the image. The new image seems 'brighter,' more colorful. I will post an 'everybody' image sometime soon, wathc this thread. I have thought about it, and it seems important that everyone's avatar is there. In fact, my avatar, Danny's and a few other 'often' posters avatars were not on the image, so I've cleared that up.
    [end quote]

and DaveinOlyWA's too. This is a human-computer collaboration: Interestingly, the GM logo is color-neutral enough that it is chosen to fill in a bunch of places in the old pic, i've changed the params to have it not appear as much.
    The Bill Merchant photo appears pretty much a constant number of times. No matter what settings I use, Bill shows up. Go figure. All Hail Bill!!!!

8. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    anxoiusly waiting the GOOD version... still an awesome idea and cut the gm down to 1 or 2... and im good for a poster

hey poster!! as in forum thread contributor...

i can see it now

hey...sorry about posting that double post about requesting the poster of every poster's avatar...

oh no,.. its getting late

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    OW...OW!

My ears!

I've lost my ears!

Or as someone said....Hey....did you know your Avatar's ears have a dog attached to them?

10. thecan

thecan New Member

The cans vote is also fir big daddy's image...

....if my avatar gets in there too!! :lol:

11. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Big thanks to Big Daddy for this exceptional effort!

12. hv74656

hv74656 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The idea of having of having bigdaddy's photo mosaic as a poster is really cool. As a poster, it would be easy to find everyone's avatar. The poster could be sold as the PriusChat 2 Year Anniversary Calendar. Before this whole calendar contest came up, I was going to make my own Prius calendar, but I guess "A Prius for All Seasons" will have to wait till '07.

13. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

wow. that picture made me want to talk leet. as in OMFG!!11!

sorry all - they've been great submissions, but that just took the cake. wow.

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Here is an update to the calendar cover image. To the best of my knowledge, it has everyone's avatar as of last weekend. GM is in there once and only once. Godiva has her ears back.

It is not really print quality scale, just for demo purposes. The full one is about 7mb, this one only about 2Mb.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.ambientmining.com/PriusCover50pct.jpg

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow the 2nd version is awesome. can you post a link where we can download a copy?

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ah.

I can hear you now.

(And I think the poster idea is fabulous!)

17. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    whoooaaaa. bigdaddy, that is FANTASTIC!!!

the other half and i vote for the "powerful community" cover!

18. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I can't find Sasha :(

19. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hey, Daddy.
    Is there a way you can add a picture to the collection?

[Broken External Image]:http://www.shelleyness.com/archived/2001_images/331pancake_rabbit.jpg

For those who don't know, Fred's House of Pancakes wasn't always called FHOP. It was originally something less interesting. But we needed somewhere for all the off-topic discussions and wanted a name equally as off-topic. eg239 posted that picture, Bookrats suggested the name FHOP, and the forum was indeed renamed.

Here's a bit of history:
    http://www.priuschat.com/forums/hey-you-ca...nts-vt3277.html
    http://www.priuschat.com/forums/change-nam...rum-vt2682.html

20. craigcush

craigcush Member

TOO FUNNY!

My kids are on the floor in tears laughing at that Tony!

:lol: :lol: