1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Cruise Control not activated...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by LostBoyNZ, Sep 29, 2012.

1. LostBoyNZ

LostBoyNZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had a Toyota dealer here install the following parts to my Japanese import 2006 Prius...

Main Cruise Control switch 8463234010
    Cable to connect the switch 8463348020
    Steering wheel right lower cover 4518647010C0
    Double-Throw Stop Light Switch 8434020060

But the system doesn't work. The dealer believes it's "software isn't loaded", but I find it confusing because a lot of people online have said adding Cruise Control works. At first I was missing the Stop Light Switch, so I understand why, but then I took that in, they installed it, and it still didn't work. I'd be a bit embarrassed to bring it in a third time, but perhaps there's something I can do myself?

Any thoughts at all would be a huge help.

Thanks!!

2. lopezjm2001

lopezjm2001 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds a bit strange. A 2006 HV ECU that does not support cruise control....Wth

You can try getting a miniVCI cable from EBay and do your own active testing of your cruise control and go from there. It should become obvious if the software does not support cruise control.

3. LostBoyNZ

LostBoyNZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, I can see it has the "CRUISE" light in the dashboard.

orry I remember the dealer said they tested the main cruise control switch and that worked, it sent the right signals. That's what the miniVCI cable would tell me, if I understand correctly?

I've seen online people list those parts as working to add cruise control to a 2004 Prius. Is it possible the 2006 model may need different parts? The main switch was listed on ebay as a "2006" part, but perhaps the stop light switch is different.

Perhaps I should try another different dealer, do you think?

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    CC diagram if it helps

Attached Files: