1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Drivers door window issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Gmen, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Gmen

Gmen Junior Member

For some reason lately my drivers window if partially down when closing door makes a bad sound like the glass is rattling when it shuts. (I'm worried it will break). Sounds silly but on a warm day doing errands I often close it without thinking and am worried it will break.

Could be related -I notice when putting the window up it seems as if when it gets to the end and fully up- the motor seems to be able to keep trying to move it up. In the past when it was closed the motor seemed to know it was at an end.

Thoughts on stabilizing/fixing the window so I can close the door with it down some and not feel it will break.

Thanks
    Bill

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    it could be as simple as tightening up some screws in the window regulator which have loosened up, or the regulator could be defective. you're gonna have to remove the door panel and see what is loose. door panels come off pretty easy. seems to me all you'll need is a Phillips screw driver, 10mm nut driver, plastic prying tool and a flashlight. there are threads about speaker replacement which have instructions and pix for removing the door panel.