1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Navigation & Blu tooth

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by encore, Dec 10, 2005.

1. encore

encore New Member

I used the instructions for the override on the "in motion lockout" for the navigation on my 06 Prius and get nothing. I received no information on the Blu tooth in the instruction book for the car so I am sort of finding things out by experiment. I did findout that in order to mate your phone with the car, the ignition must be in the on position. I tried for a day to mate them with just the nav system and radio on and it didn't work. Any information on the override for the nav system would be helpfull.

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't think anyone has successfully done an override for the nav system for the '06 which is leading to speculation that Toyota has "fixed" this loophole.

3. Panther87

Panther87 Junior Member

It is my understanding that you can change destinations and poi's using voice with the navigation system. At least that is what my salesperson believes.

4. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    if you are looking for your bluetooth information, look in your main manual under "hands free". Hope you are enjoying your new car.

5. used2drvm5

used2drvm5 New Member

Has anyone figured out how to get to the setup screen? If so is the override button just missing? I can't imagine they would have removed the ability to get to the setup, perhaps just changed it. Hopefully I can check myself tomorrow when my car is supposed to arrive!

6. RonM

RonM New Member

I posted previously in great detail all of the screens of the '06 diagnostics menu (search on my user name for posting in the last two week). There is no override button.

However, because you can use the voice recognition system to enter a destination (and, with Bluetooth, dial any phone number), the override is not as necessary as on the '05, and is certainly much safer if the driver is the only person in the car.

For details on these new commands, see the Help section on the MFD on the voice entry screen for all the commands. I also posted images of all of these screens a week or so back.

7. ThunderJon

ThunderJon New Member

So you can enter a destination while driving IF using the voice commands?